What we do….
Parke Street Specialist Centre has been located in the Blue Mountains community for 9 years. With a wide range of Doctors, we are a group of dedicated specialists and staff who strive to provide the best possible integrated quality health care services to our patients.
Located on Parke Street near the centre of Katoomba in the scenic Blue Mountains of NSW, we are a team of 12 specialists, 3 clinical and 5 administration staff providing excellent health care services.
Founded by Dr Paul Adler (Ophthalmologist) and Dr Sophia Lahz (Rehabilitation Physician), we strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Dr Paul Adler and his team of 3 other specialists are eye doctors/ophthalmologists, who specialise in Cataract surgery, Glaucoma, Medical Retina (including macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy), surgical retina (including retinal detachments) and oculoplastics/eyelid conditions.
We have many Doctors within our practice specialising in a range of Medical services
- Dr Sophia Lahz is a well renowned rehabilitation physician with a degree in Geriatric care
- Dr Chalasani who is a Medical and Retina Specialist
- Dr Capon is a Retina Surgeon
- Dr Freny Kalapesi is an Oculoplastic and Ophthalmic surgeon
- Professor Raymond is a Paediatrician
- Dr Lea-Anne May specialises in Rheumatology/Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Dr Sunner is an Orthopedic Surgeon
- Dr Shahir is a Renal Physician
- Dr Moin is an endocrinologist specialising in Thyroid and Diabetes.
- Professor Khadra is an Urologist specialising in diseases of the Kidney, Bladder and Prostate.
- Dr Al-Mashat is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist.
- Hearing Life – services for those with hearing loss.
- Integrated Dental Health – holistic dentist and Breath Clinic.
- Laverty Pathology – blood and specimen collection service.
We provide services for patients from the Blue Mountains and surrounding areas including Katoomba, Lithgow, Springwood, Penrith and Bathurst.
Helpful information when attending a Specialist Appointment:
- Medicare requires that access to any rebates for your specialist consultation need a current written referral. A written GP referral is valid for 12 months and a written Specialist referral is valid for 3 months. Your specialist at Parke Street Specialist Centre will report back to whoever wrote the referral for you.
- A current referral is required for all services excluding Hearing Life
- Specialists are often assessing patients, operating or doing research or teaching so will often have specific days and limited times for consulting. Please be mindful that sometimes appointments need to be made well ahead of time.
- Please remember to bring any relevant scans and test results with you to your appointment and a list of your current Medications.
For all urgent matters, please contact your GP or the nearest emergency department.
Please note: The information available on or through this website is intended to provide general information to the public. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information available on or through this website as at the date of posting. The information available on this website is not intended to cover every situation, and details that may be relevant to a user’s particular circumstances may have been omitted. Accordingly, users are advised to seek independent professional advice before applying any information contained on this site to their own particular circumstances. However, if you find any information that you believe may be inaccurate, please let us know about it by sending an email to us.
This website provides links to other sites for your convenience, however we take no responsibility as to the accuracy or currency of information on those sites. We do not endorse any information, goods or services referred to within the sites and our provision of links should not be taken to be an endorsement.